An interesting video describing the Universal Principles of Persuasion based on the research of Dr. Robert Cialdini, Professor of Psychology and Marketing, Arizona State University. He describes six distinct principles in the science of persuasion.
· Reciprocity (which we’ve talked about before)
· Scarcity (the idea that people place a higher value on something they get less of)
· Authority (what makes you credible?)
· Consistency (getting people to commit)
· Liking (finding commonalities, similar interests)
· Consensus (Benefits of doing something your way)